Owner/Personal Trainer/SGX Coach/Philanthropist
I have always had a passion for health and fitness. As you can see, I have pursued my passion in a variety of fields throughout my career.
All of these experiences have allowed me the good fortune to help hundreds of people from a variety of backgrounds achieve their personal best.
I look forward to the opportunity to help you accomplish all of your fitness related goals.
In Good Health,
- Private, Semi-Private, and Group Training
- Obstacle Course Race Training
- Run Training – All Distances
- MS – Exercise Science and Health Promotion (Concentration: Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention)
- BS – Health and Physical Education
- N.S.C.A. Certified Personal Trainer
- N.A.S.M. Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Spartan Group X Training
- Advanced Exercise Nutrition – Human Kinetics
- R.R.C.A. Certified Distance Running Coach
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
- TRX Expert Trainer
- Marathon Coach
- 18 years private personal and group training.
- 20 years: High School Varsity and D1 College Coach – Track, Basketball, Cross-Country
- 18 years: HS Physical Education Teacher (classes include Cross Training, Strength and Conditioning, High Intensity Training, Sports Conditioning, and many more)
- 3 years: Marathon Coach with the NYC Chapter of Team in Training
- Multiple time, sub 3:00 hour marathoner
- Ironman Florida 2008
- JFK 50 Mile Run 2009
- Competitive adventure racer
- My proudest accomplishment was Coaching the Calhoun School Varsity Girls Basketball team to back-to-back league championships in 2008 & 2009, and the best record (21-2) in the history of the school (for a girls or boys team). Just an amazing team that, through hard work and determination, turned me into a championship coach. Being part of this team was truly a highlight of my career.
- Doug’s knowledge of training on all levels is second to none. I have been practicing as a chiropractor for 12 years and I look for a trainer that has a lot of knowledge of how the body works – his knowledge of physiology with his attention to form is perfect. --Dave Levin
- Doug is a great motivator who will challenge you to do your absolute best but never push you beyond what you are capable of. --Deb Greenstein
- I would never use another trainer other than Coach Doug. He is so passionate about helping people meet their goals and pushing them every moment of the session to make sure you are getting the maximum experience. --Tosca DiMatteo