I have always had a passion for health and fitness. As you can see, I have pursued my passion in a variety of fields throughout my career.
All of these experiences have allowed me the good fortune to help hundreds of people from a variety of backgrounds reach their fitness related goals.
I look forward to the opportunity to help you accomplish all of your fitness related goals.
In Good Health,
- MS – Exercise Science and Health Promotion (Concentration in Performance Enhancement and Injury Prevention), University of Pennsylvania-California
- BS – Health and Physical Education, University of Delaware
- N.S.C.A. Certified Personal Trainer
- N.A.S.M. Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Advanced Exercise Nutrition – Human Kinetics
- N.A.S.E. Certified Specialist in Speed and Explosion for Sports Competition
- R.R.C.A. Certified Distance Running Coach
ADDITIONAL RELATED EXPERIENCE
- TRX Expert Trainer
- TRX Suspension Training
- TRX Group Training
- TRX Sports Medicine
- 15 years private personal and group training.
- 15 years: High School Varsity and D1 College Coach – Track, Basketball, Cross-Country
- 12 years: HS Physical Education Teacher (classes include Cross Training, Strength and Conditioning, High Intensity Training, Sports Conditioning, and many more)
- 3 years: Marathon Coach with the NYC Chapter of Team in Training
- Multiple time, sub 3:00 hour marathoner
- Ironman Florida 2008
- JFK 50 Mile Run 2009
- Competitive adventure racer
- My proudest accomplishment was Coaching the Calhoun School Varsity Girls Basketball team to back-to-back league championships in 2008 & 2009, and the best record (21-2) in the history of the school (for a girls or boys team). Just an amazing team that, through hard work and determination, turned me into a championship coach. Being part of this team was truly a highlight of my career.
Contact PhilanthroFit Training today!
- Doug takes the extra time to ensure you do each move with the proper form and is incredibly patient. As a result of Doug’s TRX class, my running has also improved and I’ve shaved a minute or so off of my per mile average. --Kate Hanley
- Coach Doug has shown me how to engage my stabilizer muscles and has helped me achieve a more exciting total body workout in the time that it took me to strengthen two muscle groups. --Kathryn Grassel
- Doug’s knowledge of training on all levels is second to none. I have been practicing as a chiropractor for 12 years and I look for a trainer that has a lot of knowledge of how the body works – his knowledge of physiology with his attention to form is perfect. --Dave Levin